Tuesday, June 3, 2014

What's Cooking?

It rained a little bit today so I headed into my craft room to play along with the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes.  I don't own anything from the featured companies (Newton's Nook and Lil' Inker Designs) so I had to make do and use some more new goodies I acquired at the Rubber Stamp and Scrapbook Getaway in Syracuse, NY I attended this past weekend:


I've been eyeing this cute stove image by Toomuchfun Rubberstamps for a few years now and when I saw they now offer it as a cling mount I couldn't resist:)  I embossed it twice on Stampin' Up pool party cs and again on silver cs.  I used foam tape to adhere the oven front so I could cut out the oven door window and line it with an acetate scrap.  The little pie image in the oven (that I had to cut down slightly) is from a Papertrey ink set "My Punny Valentine".  I don't normally purchase such bulky embellies anymore but I picked up a packet of these sugar and flour buttons from the same vendor as they are the same scale as the stove.  
Other Supplies Used:  Papertrey ink white cs, Stampin' Up calypso coral cs, vellum and pp, My Mind's Eye woodgrain pp, Eyelet Outlet black enamel dots, Hero Arts soft brown shadow ink, WPlus 9 heart die, computer generated sentiment

Between the Syracuse show and the one in Buffalo I attended two weeks ago I have enough new product to keep me busy for the next decade- LOL!  I'm so excited over the cute stuff I picked up from new (to me) companies like The Stamps of Life and Sweet & Sassy Stamps that I have a hard time just picking one idea and executing it!  I know, I know - if that's the worst of my problems:)

Thanks for all the lovely comment and Happy Crafting!

6 comments:

cheiron said...

This is just the cutest! I love the little jars. Thank you so much for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Barb said...

Oh, Robin, I love when you create cards like this - you are soooo good at it! That is the cutest stove EVER! Love all the amazing, little details you've added! The pie, sugar and flour containers and sweet towel are all adorable! ♥

joy said...

Super sweet!! All of the details Barb mentioned just make this card so special, including the black enamel dots for the knobs. I am not good at making cards like this, therefore, I would not even consider purchasing these items. But, you are SO good at making them come to life - great job!!

Rosemary said...

oh my word, robin!! your card is freakin' amazing!! love all the fun details...

Nancy said...

Oh this is sooo adorable, Robin. So many beautiful details. I LOVE it!

Greta said...

Oh for crying out loud, Robin! This is so darn cute! Hoping I can get to a stamp convention again one of these days.