Saturday, June 28, 2014

Seize the Sketch #23

Happy Weekend!  My day has gone nothing as planned due to a minor household disaster so I decided I may as well share another card I made:)  Last Friday my stampin' sis and I attended a Stampin' Up new catalog release party and got to play with some of the new products:

After stamping this sweet flower duo from the Bloom with Hope hostess set I colored the blooms with the new Stampin' Up alcohol markers (rich razzleberry assortment) and the stems with the old olive assortment.  I was pleased with the result and my only complaint was I thought the ink colors were a bit darker than the colors represented by the marker caps.  Each marker has a fine point option which is great for those smaller areas.

I decided to use the current sketch at Seize the Sketch to make my completed flowers into a "hello" card:



Can you tell I love my The Stamps of Life hello die - I think I've used it on every card I've made this month:)  It was cut from another one of Stampin' Up's new in colors called Tangelo Twist. The butterfly is from Sweet 'n Sassy stamps Majestic Monarchs set and was colored with Stampin' Up Pumpkin Pie ink and a blender pen.  This stamp set has several different sized monarchs with matching dies - I can tell already it will get as much use as my beloved Hero Arts Antique Engravings set.
Other Supplies Used:  Stampin' Up whisper white cs and rich razzleberry pp, Carta Bella Merry & Bright pp (grass), Our Daily Bread fence die, Spellbinder oval die

And since the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge is Anything Goes I'm popping this into their pool!  Hope your day is going better than mine:)  Thanks for the kind comments!

9 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Such a pretty card Robin, I love all the detail you have added!

joy said...

What pretty colors you have used on this card - I love it! Glad you have someone to share your love of stamping with.

Lin said...

Love your card, Robin - that picket fence shows off the sentiment perfectly! Love that color scheme, too! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

Greta said...

Hope the disaster is soon a distant memory! Your coloring is beautiful, Robin! Someone will surely smile when they open this card! Hugs, Greta

Rosemary said...

beautifully colored, robin! love your take on the sketch!!

Emily Lauritzen said...

Very sweet little card! Love the little fence and the fun hello!
<3 Emily L.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Robin, this is such a sweet card! Love the stunning Razzleberry dp as well as the use of the fence die cut. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Sketch!

Jessi Fogan said...

I hope the disaster is one that will be funny soon - I know I HATE those days that get derailed. HATE them! I love the bright beautiful colours of your card (purple + orange = WOW!) and how could you NOT be in love with that hello die? LOOK AT IT! :)
Thanks so much for coming to play with us at Seize the Sketch #23 :)

Karen M said...

Really clever card, Robin, especially by adding the sweet little fence! Love this x