Saturday, June 14, 2014

hello, hello!

It's been a rainy week here in upstate NY and I spent the whole day yesterday making cards in my sweats:)  I was able to get my hands on some of  Stampin' Up's new In Color cardstock and patterned paper.  At first I wasn't so sure I even liked the new colors but the more I see them combined the more they are growing on me:


 When I saw this stamp set from The Stamps of Life (with matching dies) called "phone4you" and hello die I just "had" to have them!  Brought back memories of being tethered to the end of a phone cord and sitting cross legged on the floor of our kitchen while talking to every one of my friends I had just spent the whole school day with:)  My dad would set the timer on the kitchen stove and when it went off I had to hang up the phone for at least 2 minutes in case someone had been trying to call!  And do any of you remember party lines????  My mom's best friend had one at her lake cottage and I loved stealthily lifting the receiver of the phone so I could listen in on someone else's phone conversation - that is until my mom would catch me in the act:)  Ahhhhh, the good ole days!!

I stamped the phone on and die cut the hello from Stampin' Up's new Hello Honey cs (how perfect is that?!).  The card base and hello shadow are their new color called Blackberry Bliss.  And the patterned paper is from their new paper stack called Moonlight.  The Stamps of Life phone4you set contains some really fun sentiments and I placed them all on an acrylic block and stamped them in SU Smoky Slate ink on a circle die cut from the same color cs.
Other Supplies Used:  Papertrey Ink white cs, Eyelet Outlet black enamel dot, Spellbinder circle die

I'm entering this in the current Seize the Sketch challenge (The die cut hello's representing the line across the entire card front and the circle standing in for the rectangle behind the shape):



Have a great weekend and thanks for all the positive feedback!

17 comments:

Diane Jaquay said...

I love the cute phone and paper, really fun card!!

Marlena M. said...

Oh I remember my parents setting a timer next to me too! I love your card~awesome phone!

Rosemary said...

fabulous card, robin... i don't have any of the new in colors, but after this card i think i need to get them!

CinnamonSally said...

Cute card Robin, love the colours you have used!

Bonnie said...

I love this old phone. I do remember them except ours was black. When I was little we didn't have dial phones. When we picked up the phone to call, an operator would say "number please". One of those operators was my mother. We couldn't get away with anything!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love it, Robin ~ such a cute design and a wonderful combination of colors! I LOVE a "land" line because I never have to charge it :)

Cyndie said...

The colors in the patterned paper look fabulous with the deep colored cardstock. I also love the shadow effect on the hello die cuts. Very striking!

Kristie W. said...

I love this card! The hello die cuts looks awesome and the stamps behind them are so fun.

Anonymous said...

So adorable!

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Robin! The vintage phone looks fantastic! Thanks for joining along with Seize the Sketch! Please feel free to check out my sample: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/2014/06/helloseize-sketch-22.html

Mona Pendleton said...

Cute card Robin! The vintage phone looks fantastic! Thanks for joining along with Seize the Sketch! Please feel free to check out my sample: http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/2014/06/helloseize-sketch-22.html

Trinh said...

This is so cute, Robin! I love the repeated hellos.

Judy V said...

Cute card! Great take on the sketch and use of that fun stamp and die set!

joy said...

Adorable card, Robin! I love the colors.

I remember party lines, too. We had to give our number to a telephone operator to call anyone. And, our phone number when I was little (10 years old or so) was "89"!! Can you believe it?? Yes, I am ancient. LOL

Lee Ann Barrett said...

This card just screams FUN, Robin! You used the sketch fabulously; love the colors and patterns.
I had the pleasure of visiting the Finger Lakes region a few years back and loved it! You are blessed to live in such a beautiful part of the country!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Sketch!

Jessi Fogan said...

...and don't forget fiddling with the phone cord while talking to boys! lol! Cell phones just don't have quite the same feel :) I love how you stamped the background circle, and the layered 'hello's are fab! So glad you came to play with us at Seize the Sketch this time around!

Greta said...

Darling card perfect for the challenge, Robin!