Monday, May 26, 2014

Relax!

Happy Memorial Day to all my blogging buddies in the US and Happy Monday to everybody!  When I saw Simon Says Vacation/Travel for the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge I was soooooo excited to break out some new stamps and play along:


My Stampin' Sista and I made the almost 2 hour drive to attend the Creative Keepsakes Scrapbook Convention in Buffalo, NY 2 Fridays ago and are we ever glad we did!!!  While neither of us are scrapbookers we were introduced to Stephanie Barnard's The Stamps of Life and fell in love:)  If you check out the link you'll see that the stamp set (with matching dies!) I used on this card (flipflops2stamp) happens to be the stamp of the month!  I love that you can customize the flip flops and I chose to use some little resin flowers from Stampin' Up to fancy mine up a bit.  The sentiment, little starfish and waves are part of this set while the fish is from a Paper Smooches set.  I also picked up the fun pp at the convention - it's the Echo Park Here & Now collection.  I've had the sand pp in my stash forever and I was happy to have a use for it:)
Other Materials Used:  Papertrey ink white cs, Cricut Doodlecharms cart (sun die cut), Stampin' Up pool party and midnight muse cs, Staedtler flexible ruler, Mementos soft sand ink

Thanks for all the lovely feedback!  I look forward to catching up on everyone's blogs this week!  

10 comments:

Cindy C. said...

Fun, fun, fun card Robin!! Love the paper pieced elements, especially the clouds!! And the flip flops are so pretty! I want a pair just like that!! :)

Happy Memorial Day to you!!

Rosemary said...

what a cute beach scene, robin... love that little fishie jumping out of the water! happy memorial day!

Lin said...

This is your forte, my friend, making these adorable little scenes! Your outing to the stamp convention sounds so fun, and you've put your new purchases to good use already! Love the sweet flowers on those flip-flops!

Nat said...

Such a wonderful Summery scene. Love it!

Sharyn Polesel said...

This is so cute! I love all of the great texture and the colors are wonderful! I really need to go to the beach! lol

cheiron said...

Such a fun beachy scene! I LOVE the flower flip flops. Thanks for playing along with us in the Vacation/Travel Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week :)

Stamping With Bibiana said...

this is so pretty and summer like
bibiana

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--this is just so fun, Robin! You are the queen of scenes, my friend! I adore the little resin flowers on your flip flops--the perfect embellishment!

Trinh said...

So fun and adorable, Robin! You are the queen of scenes and I love this one.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Adorable scene, Robin - I just love all the little details, including the resin flowers on the flip-flops!!