Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Let It Snow.....NOT!

Ole Mother Nature has decided to take two steps back:(  Here in upstate NY there is snow on the ground and the temps are below freezing....Whaaaaaaattttt????!!!!  Just two days ago it was in the low 70's and the hubster and I were tooling along our beloved trail on our bikes....*sigh*.....  

Anyhoo, have you seen the new challenge on the Hero Arts blog????  They're gettin' sketchy this time around: 

I'm scrambling to finish up Easter cards this week so I pulled out an oldie (but goodie!) Hero Arts flower stamp and used Sketch #3:


I also used the colors from the current Dynamic Duos color challenge (with soft suede as a neutral):

Supplies Used:  Hero Arts Blossom Art (CL495) and sentiment and latte chalk ink, Stampin' Up wisteria wonder, so saffron and soft suede cs and wisteria wonder pp,  Papertrey ink white cs, Memory Box Tessatina Border die, MFT banner dies, Darice sequins

I also used some new burlap specialty paper from American Crafts I found at JoAnn's (with a coupon!) to die cut one of the banners- I'm really pleased with how cleanly this cut!

Thanks for your lovely comments!

15 comments:

Barb said...

Robin, it's beautiful! I love the colors you used and that flower is gorgeous!

We've got a bit of snow coming today too. I am SO SICK OF IT!! Here's hoping the 70's are back soon! Have a wonderful Easter, my friend! ♥

Nancy said...

Beautiful is RIGHT, Robin! I love the colors and texture. Sorry for the snow:)

RobynsRoostStamping said...

Beautiful card, I like the balance in the layout. I'm another Robyn who was tempted to stay in bed this morning when I saw the snow flakes here in Minnesota. I love winter but I also love spring if we ever get it! I'm ready to play in my gardens.

Rosemary said...

beautiful interpretation of the sketch robin... love how you used the dynamic duos colors, too! i'm so sorry you continue to have crazy cold weather and snow!

Maureen Morton said...

Surprisingly great colors for Easter - never would have thought. Great take on the sketch - love the positive/negative of the die. Shall I say Merry Easter? Hugs, stay warm!

Heather Cooper said...

I love all the great elements of this card, Robin, and the fact that you used burlap ribbon to go with it! Fabulous!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Robin - love all the elements you pulled together and the colors, too!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Robin!

joy said...

You got the weather we had yesterday in Ohio! Totally done with snow myself. Hope that's the last of it.

Beautiful card, Robin - I just used that flower stamp to make a card yesterday. Am waiting to post it after the recipient lets me know she got it. :) I love all the sequins you used!!

Deepti said...

This is so beautiful I loved how you worked with the border die :)

Greta said...

I'll have to check out that burlap paper--love the banner cut from it & everything else about this fabulous card, Robin--what a beauty!

Angel Johns said...

The weather is crazy here in Georgia as well. We don't have snow but one minute it's hot and the next its very windy and cold! I love the burlap paper and it's looks great on your card! Thanks for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos!

Virginia L. said...

GORGEOUS!! I love that touch of burlap!!!

Jill B said...

Such a pretty card! TFS.

Cindy C. said...

Beautiful card Robin!