Thursday, April 17, 2014

I Fought the Stencil...

and the stencil won!  Yep -thanks to the current Virginia's View challenge I have officially jumped on the stencil bandwagon!



I have to admit for some reason I've been a little intimidated by stencils.  So many of the stencil creations out there are so cool and "artsy" - two adjectives I would never use to describe my own work:)  When I went through my supplies I came across an old Stencilability brass stencil called Happy Bunny (you know, the kind we all used back in the dark ages with our light tables and a stylus!) and thought to myself, "Hey!  I got this!":



I used Superior Memories Unicorn white pigment ink to sponge his body and Ranger spiced marmalade and peeled paint distress inks for the carrot.  Decided his ears needed a little color so I added a little bit of Ranger worn lipstick.  The background was created using Hero Arts CG139 Cling Dots.  The sentiment is also Hero Arts(don't know the product #) and I thought it went perfectly with this happy bunny!
Other Supplies Used:  Papertrey ink white cs, Stampin' Up melon mambo and crumb cake cs, WPlus 9 banner die, Cricut George and Basic Shapes cart (die cut tag), Martha Stewart baker's twine, ribbon and pom pom from stash

Since I used Sketch #2 and some Hero Arts products I'm going to enter it in their current challenge:


And since I used an animal why not enter it in the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge Animal Antics!

Have a great day and thanks for all the constructive comments!

11 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, my gosh, I love this, Robin! The design and colors are wonderful and what a darling image!

Rosemary said...

well... you may have fought the stencil, but this card definitely won!! it is absolutely fabulous, robin!! love that cute little bunny! (and he looks like he is celebrating the fact that your card is so awesome!)

Rosemary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maureen Morton said...

So darn cute and hoppy, Robin! Like you, I have avoided the jump to stencils. I have actually bought some, but can't play until we unpack our office/craft stuff. Love this fuzzy-looking guy. Happy Easter, sweet pal.

Dotty Jo said...

How cute, I love it! Jo x

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute card Robin, love your use of the stencil rabbit!!

Virginia L. said...

Oh my gosh...where have you been without the stencils, Robin!? Look what you have created with this little gem?! I am so glad that stencils have won you over..you sure rock it!! I encourage your to try the thin new plastic ones. ( I have the brass stencil and stylus hidden somewhere in my craft room also-LOL). I adore this card so much!!!! So glad that you join the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! PS: I have joined the Wink of Stella train last Saturday. I bought TWO of those pens...oh my. They are NICE ( a bit pricy though)!

Virginia L. said...

Congrats on the Facebook feature over Virginia's View Challenge, Robin! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Virginias-View-Challenge/778146972214315

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love this bunny card!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Robin, the stencil is so cute :)
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Greta said...

Totally adorable--love it, Robin! I really need to use my stencils--old & new. You've inspired me!