Friday, April 11, 2014

Bunny Chop Shop

Happy Friday!
I was so glad to see the current challenge theme at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog:
Happy Easter and/or Sweet Treats

as it gave me the perfect excuse to show you the bunny treat boxes I've been spending all my crafty time on and the reason the hubster has nicknamed my craft room "The Bunny Chop Shop":)  Here's a pic of some of them nestled in a basket:


I had a ball pulling out different 6 x 6 patterned paper pads to color coordinate the ears and eggs!  Here's some brown bunnies made with Doodlebug Designs Sweetheart pp collection:



And aren't these gray bunnies made with some papers from the Pebbles Seen & Noted Collection adorable?


Here's a duo of more gray bunnies using American Crafts Neopolitan and Echo Park Dots & Stripes pp:


And last, but not least, here's a trio of white bunnies using some REALLY old pp in my stash (from the days when I used to buy reams and reams of 12 x 12 sheets!):


I just realized I should have also taken pics of their backsides as I was able to color coordinate their pom pom tails with some colorful ones I found at the Dollar Tree:) 
Other Supplies Used:  Papertrey ink Bunny Bag die and White cs,  Stampin' Up Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate and Baked Brown Sugar cs, Darice white pipe cleaners, MFT pink felt, Michael's googly eyes, Velcro 5/8 in clear coins, Zig 05 pure black pen and LOTS of SU Sticky Strip adhesive

Kind of time consuming but fun to put together and even more fun to see the reactions from the family, friends and co-workers I've been handing them out to - especially when they discover they're filled with Easter candy:)

Hope you have a fabulous weekend!  Finally feels like spring has sprung here in upstate NY!!  I'm looking forward to checking out everyone's blogs to see how you've all been getting your spring on!

13 comments:

joy said...

Oh my goodness! I am amazed by this plethora of bunnie bags, Robin! And, what a great way to use up patterned paper. I am sure everyone who received one of these was very happy!!

Rosemary said...

good grief your little bunny bags are absolutely ADORABLE, robin!! i bet the recipients were happy... i know i would be!!

Maria said...

Fabulous Easter bunny bags!!! Just too CUTE! I'm sure they'll be lots of happy faces receiving these for Easter!:-)

Lin said...

Oh are these ever CUTE, Robin!! I can tell you had great fun coordinating them all! It's looking good here too for spring, right now, but hubs just said that we're to have a high of 78 on Sunday and 38 a few days later - for a HIGH! Guess winter isn't quite done with us yet!!

Barb said...

Oh, Robin, these bunny treat bags are absolutely adorable! I love them!

We've had some beautiful weather the last few days too - upper 60's and low 70's but by Sunday it will be back down into the 40's - BOO! Winter is fighting with spring and I'm hoping spring wins the battle very soon! Hugs to you! ♥

Teresa Kline said...

hi Robin! these are super, super cute...luv these bunnies. so glad you played along with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

sparkle & shine *~*

svelteSTUFF said...

YEH for 'receivers' of these Bunnies ;-)!!!!!!!
...and you didn't show the adorable presentation job you did on the brown 'gift' bags you put them in ~ tags & grocer's string!! The 'gift tags' were almost as cute as the Bunnies!!!

Nancy said...

OMG! These are the cutest things I have ever seen! I LOVE them, Robin! YEAH for Spring!

CinnamonSally said...

WOW Robin these are super cute. What a great Easter gift!!

victoria h said...

Adorable- the grey bunnies are my favourite!

Greta said...

I thought about you when I heard there was snow again. Glad it's warming up for you. These are absolutely the most adorable bunnies I've ever seen, Robin! You really outdid yourself, my friend!

Maureen Morton said...

i somehow missed this post - so glad I got to see these darling gems. You amaze! You might enter them in a fun contest: http://decoratetocelebrate.blogspot.com/2014/04/challenge-73-easter-part-2-or-birthday.html

Michelle said...

Eeeek!! Robin, these are sooooo cute!!!! I have to remember this post for next easter!!!