Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Happy Camper!

Two posts in one day is soooooo unlike me but I wanted to get this one entered before the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge: Summer ended!  Plus my boss had requested an anniversary card and I always like to give my "customers" at least two choices:)


I'm really interested to see which card he picks.  I thought this one was especially appropriate as he and his wife just upgraded to the biggest fifth wheel I've ever seen - I'm not joking when I say it's probably similar in square footage to my house!  LOL!

I fell in love with this Impression Obsession stamp as it reminds me of the sweet little camper I first started camping in as a little girl (even the white and aqua color combo!).  You know, back in the dark ages before campers came equipped with flat screen TV's and fireplaces and when the bed you slept on also functioned as the kitchen table:)

I embossed the image then water colored it with a combination of Ranger distress ink and Stampin' Up ink.  I popped up the awning for a little dimension and added some silver brads for hubcaps.  Had to computer generate the sentiment.
Other Supplies Used: Stampin' Up coastal cabana cs and twine, Echo Park dotted pp, Mama Elephant clearly creative cuts dies, My Favorite Things banner die

Thanks for taking a peek and for all your lovely comments!

9 comments:

Brenda said...

Oh Robin, I want to go camping now! Love the popped up awning and the colours are superb! I'm sure he is going to be thrilled!

Barb said...

I love this card, Robin!!! What a darling image and sentiment! You've created the cutest scene! Love the awning and all the little, added details!

joy said...

Adorable camping scene, Robin! I am not much on camping; unless it involves a nice hotel with room service. LOL I love the turquoise and white. I have seen some of these airstream campers that have been SO updated and look SO cute.

Good luck in the SSS lotto!!!

Caryn said...

Love this stamp and the gorgeous scene you've created Robin! I have a thing for caravans myself and this one is awesome!!
Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Summer Challenge.
Caryn xxx

Rosemary said...

if I could camp in a camper like the one on your card I would be camping right now, lol!! another fabulous card, robin!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Robin, this is absolutely perfect! Love the darling image, your fabulous job of watercoloring & the sweet sentiment! We started camping by sleeping in the back of a van, but when we added a puppy to the family we moved to a small trailer, but with a permanent bed. Now we have a slide out for the living room & it's so much better--not roughing it, for sure--LOL!

Trinh said...

This is absolutely adorable! I would say yes to camping if I could stay in something as cute as that!

Nat said...

oh wow Robin, your card is so fun :) We're actually looking at buying a Boler trailer which looks alot like the one in your card!!! Awesome design!! :)

svelteSTUFF said...

HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO YU!!