Friday, August 8, 2014

SSS: Make it Sparkle!

I was so happy to see that one of my blogging buddies Joy was last week's challenge winner at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!  This week's challenge is Make it Sparkle!  I'm sharing another card I made using the kit materials from a recent Stampin' Up workshop I attended:


Instead of making a pocket to hold a gift card, etc. per the workshop instructions I decided to make a birthday card instead.  I don't think I would have thought to put these two colors together (rich razzleberry and soft sky) but this combination is really growing on me!  The sentiment is from the new SU set called Age Awareness and the fun, dotty pp is from the Sweet Taffy collection. Some scored lines were made on the bottom strip of SU rich razzleberry cs using a Martha Stewart score board.  And I added some sparkle with the addition of the banner die cut from SU silver glimmer paper and the silver sequins.
Other Supplies Used:  SU rich razzleberry ink, SU soft sky pp and cs, Martha Stewart score board, sequins and bakers twine from stash

Have a fabulous weekend!

6 comments:

joy said...

Gorgeous card, Robin! I love those colors together; the
razzleberry is so pretty!! And, I love the silver glimmer paper from SU.

It was very hard to believe that I actually won the SSS challenge this week - there were over 800 entries. So glad I submitted that last card to the mix. :)

svelteSTUFF said...

...BUT... As nice as it is to see Pretty Pictures of your lovely cards, The True FUN comes in receiving one!
Who would have thought 'REAL Snail Mail' could get any better in these days of texting?!! Thank You- it put a real SMILE on my face B-) !

Nancy said...

Such a unique design! I love the type face on the sentiment. Very cool!

Greta said...

Hi Robin--what a darling card & I LOVE the color combo--rich & beautiful! That glittered banner is wonderful--I need to remember that!

Pam W Merwin said...

Loving your colors and the birthday sentiment!

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Robin, so striking and your sparkle looks wonderful.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx