Sunday, August 17, 2014

Do You Believe in Magic?

Happy Sunday!  Managed to squeeze some crafty time in and was inspired to play along with the current CASology challenge #108:



We've had some cooler temps the past few days and my thoughts are turning towards Fall and its associated holidays.  I definitely associate magic with Halloween icons and pulled out a Stampin' Up set called Googly Ghouls to create my card:



My talented blogging buddy Greta had recently sent me some Papertrey ink die cuts (Thanks again Greta!) and they were sitting on my desk - in a flash I knew how I wanted to design my card:)  Greta had cut the dies from white cs so I simply used a brayer and some black ink to color the frame.  Because this is a CAS challenge I resisted popping up this layer on the card base, using googly eyes (put glossy accents on the ghouls' eyes instead!) and using sequins (I used recessed die cut stars).  I also added texture to the card base by embossing a Mama Elephant stitched rectangle. 
Other Supplies Used:  sentiment (Hero Arts), baker's twine (Doodlebug Designs), star die (Impression Obsession), white cs (Papertrey ink)

Thanks for the kind comments!  I'm woefully behind on visiting everyone's blogs and hope to remedy that this week:)

8 comments:

Barb said...

Just adorable, Robin! I love those little ghouls and your design is so fun!

Maureen Morton said...

You are ready for spirits, and I don't mean vino! This is too cute for words - CAS is such a challenge and you have it handled beautifully. Enjoy the last days of summer, dear pal.

svelteSTUFF said...

YEH FOR FALL!
DOUBLE YEH for HALLOWEEN CARDS!!

Rosemary said...

too cute, robin!!

Ardyth said...

Sweetly spooky! Love the white cardbase and the colour combination. So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Hi Robin! What a FUN Halloween card! It has been cooler than usual here in NJ, too, and it does make me want to break out the Halloween stamps and play a bit! I love this filmstrip frame look...it perfectly highlights your fun characters! Thanks for playing along at CASology!

Gillian R said...

Such a fun colourful card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Greta said...

Wowzer, Robin--what a terrific design, my friend! One of the cutest Halloween cards I've ever seen! By the way, I used one of the little wooden birds you gave me http://ggnursecreations.blogspot.com/2014/07/just-dandy.html
Enjoy the last weeks of summer!