Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Showing the Love

Hello Friends!
It's been such a long time since I last posted I wasn't sure I would even remember how to blog!  Turns out it's just like riding a bike:)  For months I've felt so uninspired to make cards that I really haven't had anything "blogworthy" to share.  And the longer I stayed away from blogland the worse it seemed to get!  I guess part of it is feeling like I don't have any "new songs to sing"...

Soooooo, those feelings coupled with the forced exile to my craft room because of this ridiculous winter we've been having is causing me to take a look at all this card making stuff I hoard have in a new way:




I mean did I seriously think I would ever make enough cards to use up these 139 red buttons??? The sad thing is I have enough left over to make another pillow!  I was able to use my Cricut to die cut the heart template and the felt "love" was cut using a Stampin' Up die.  The embroidery floss I used to stitch the buttons was given to me and I scored the burlap pillow cover on clearance for $5.99 at Michael's.    

And before you pass judgement after checking out my next project keep in mind that I work at a winery:)




I used the same heart template from the button heart pillow and traced it on a piece of 12" x 12" Stampin' Up smoky slate cs.  I actually had my hubby cut the corks in half so they wouldn't stick out as much and so I wouldn't need as many.  Using my trusty glue gun I started outside first and worked my way in.  The tops were painted with some bright red Delta acrylic paint my dh actually had in his stash!  I used the same "love" die from above cutting it from Stampin' Up real red cs.  Frame came from Michael's (using a 50% off coupon of course!) and the ribbon I used to hang it is Stampin' Up's fun smoky slate chevron ribbon.  And speaking of ribbon that's another area in my crafty life that's cause for dismay - I counted 50 spools just on my ribbon holder!  Because of increases in postage I rarely include ribbons on my cards anymore:(

And last but not least I do actually have a couple of cards to share! The first one is a Valentine:



I had to combine products from a lot of different companies to make this work!  Letters were die cut from Cricut Storybook cart.  Ampersand is Mama Elephant.  The stamped "kisses" is a masked Hero Arts stamp from the set "Sending You Love".  Hearts were die cut using a WPlus 9 die.  And that adorable piggy is from a retired Stampin' Up set "Button Buddies".
Other Supplies Used:  My Mind's Eye pp, Stampin' Up pretty in pink, real red, smoky slate and black cs, pink button and googly eyes from my stash

And here's a fun wintertime birthday card for a coworker who is obsessed with owning pink camo:


This snowman image from Hero Arts is one of my faves as it's so easy to paper piece.  I found the pink camo in one of my hubby's hunting catalogs:)  The funny sign the snowman's holding is from a masked off Dolly Mama's stamp.  
Other Supplies Used:  Stampin' Up Hardwood stamp, melon mambo and soft suede cs, Papertrey ink birthday sentiment, Mama Elephant stitched and scalloped rectangle dies, pom pom from my stash

It feels really good to be putting all this stuff that's been languishing in my craft room to good use.  Going forward I'm not going to restrict my creativity to just cards- I'm excited to see where it takes me:)  Thanks for stopping by and for all your constructive comments!

14 comments:

Rosemary said...

well.... hello!! it is so good to see you posting, robin! i have missed seeing your fun scene cards and have wondered how you were doing. Your pillow and wall hanging are fabulous and the cards are too cute! looking forward to see where your craft journey take you, too!! :)

Lin said...

Robin, I was thrilled to see a new post on your blog - you have been missed! I LOVE your heart items, both of them, and look forward to seeing more non-card items here in the future. But I enjoyed your cards, too, so keep them coming as well! Sending hugs!

Cindy C. said...

Hi Robin, so nice to see your post!! Yes it's been a while! I like your new icon buddy photo too, and I absolutely enjoy all your new projects!!!

Nancy said...

Welcome back to blog land! So nice to see your post and lovely creations. Each one is so creative. I think we can all relate to your post too:) It made me laugh! When I moved last year, I had to seriously cut back, and here I am piling up again!

Greta said...

Hello my friend! You've been on my mind & I was about to send you an e-mail. So happy to see this fun post with all your wonderful work! The severe winter gave you back your mojo, big time! The pillow is adorable & the cork wall hanging is a treasure! Stay safe & warm--or head West if you want some of our sun!

Judy1223 said...

Robin! Yay, it's ROBIN!!! Ah, the world is right again! Yes, yes, your heart projects are wonderful and it is fun to see what else can be done with all our craft supplies. Brilliant pillow and cork pic! LOVE them both!! And, of course, your cards are little masterpiece scenes, I adore them. I especially love the snowman's sign...made me laugh! I hope you are surviving a tough winter...spring can't be too far off, right?

Virginia L. said...

You are always crafty!! That pillow with buttons is amazing....I thought you got it from Pinterst! LOL!! You are missed and I sure hope that you post your projects once in a while if not often. The cards are so sweet and darling! Take good care, Robin!

Michelle said...

Oh my goodness...where have you been, woman!!!! I am so happy you have returned to us!!!
BTW...you look beautiful in your new pic!!!
Your heart button pillow is freakin' awesome!!!! Maybe I'll send you my hundreds of buttons:) Love the cork heart too!
Does my but look big in this...so funny!!! Robin,love these cards!

Maureen Morton said...

Sweet Robin, it is so good to hear from you! I've been thinking about you in that miserable cold. I adore these projects - you know hearts are my very favorite! So creative! Love your scenes and your sweet smile on that great pic of you.....you continue to amaze and fill my heart with pure joy.

Barb said...

Soooo happy to see a blog post from you, Robin! I've missed you! Love all these wonderful projects! The time away from your craft room certainly didn't hurt your creativity at all! Sending hugs! ♥

joy said...

Hello, dear Robin! You have been missed!!! It is so good to see you post again and your heart projects are just SO fabulous. Love the button pillow!! And, of course, your cards are topnotch, as always. The snowman's sign made me giggle. Winter is sure to end eventually; we will all be happy when spring arrives.

Welcome back!

svelteSTUFF said...

a 'ROBIN' siting - YEH!! That must mean that Spring is right around the corner - Right?!??
Nice job on all of your projects (as always)! I've been passing these COLD days catching up on scrapbooking (..and using up 'a bit' of MY Hoard!!)

Nat said...

really awesome to see you creating. very inspiring and I love how you used those corks! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fun post, Robin - glad to see you back in craftyland! Just love your pillow and wall art! Darling cards too!