Thursday, January 30, 2014

You're "Reel" Great!

This week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog is:  "Anything Goes with Twine or String".  I actually came up with the idea for my card when I saw last week's challenge "Let's Have a Laugh" but ran out of time to actually sit down and make it:





I'm still plugging away at February family birthday cards and thought my BIL who is an avid fisherman would appreciate this one:)  Sentiment, fishing pole and fishies are from Paper Smooches.  Used the flower and matching die from Hero Arts Bold Pop Design set for the "sun", Hero Arts Envie Pattern for the "grass" and Hero Arts Magical Background for the "waves".  And I tied a little bit of Doodlebug Doodle Twine together with some black thread to make my fishing fly!
Other Supplies Used:  Papertrey ink white cs and cloud die, Stampin' Up daffodil delight ink and cs, old olive ink and cs, marina mist ink and cs, various markers, W R Memory Keepers corner rounder

I also wanted to share another card I came up with for last week's challenge but didn't complete in time:(  So many cards, so little time.....*Sigh*



I computer generated the sentiment and then die cut it using a MFT die.  Used Hero Arts For You Gifts - I think this is a great stamp for girly birthday cards.  Lately I've been lovin' using enamel dots - these are from teresa collins.
Other Supplies Used:  Stampin' Up strawberry slush marker, cs and coastal cabana marker and paper piercing tool, Echo Park dots and stripes dotted pp and Everyday Eclectic pp, Papertrey ink white cs, W R Memory Keepers corner rounder, copic markers

One good thing about this awful winter we've been having is the time I've had to "reintroduce" myself to my craft room:)  My hubby has been busy in the basement working on making me an L-shaped work station complete with drawers - when you see my before and after pics of my work station you'll see why it's been desperately needed! - and I'm looking forward to giving the whole room an overhaul:)  As I start to weed out my supplies I'm finding things I forgot I owned or haven't even used and it feels good to put them to use!

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment - I really appreciate the input!

9 comments:

Rosemary said...

fantastic set of cards, robin... my favorite is the first one, though... absolutely adorable!

Emily Leiphart said...

I love both cards, Robin! The first one is so cute and the twine bait is fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes with Twine or String!

Greta said...

Creative beyond words on the fishing card, Robin! I many of the stamps you used & would never have thought of this & the "fly" is so wonderful! Great girly BD card--love the enamel dots! PS--seeing all the stencil homework is what made me sign up finally on day 4. It's going to be awhile before I get through all the videos & try out everything. Really good so far!

Nat said...

hi Robin, I totally love both cards and the idea of using a computer generated sentiment. I think I am going to try this also!! :) I adore these fun designs.
One of my crafting goals this year is to start using my supplies too. Just not enough hours in the day :)

CinnamonSally said...

Great cards Robin, the fishing one is just perfect.
Sounds like your craft room is going to be fabulous!!

Nancy said...

Sooo cute Robin! Your fishing scene is so creative! I love all the sweet details! Can't wait to see your new craft room. As hard as I try, I can never get mine completely organized!

Maureen Morton said...

The scene queen is at it again! So fun and creative, Robin! Loving them both to pieces. Can't wait to see the redux.......I need ideas for my new digs. Thanks and stay warm.

Trinh said...

What a cute scene! Your brother is going to love it. Can't wait yo see how your room turns out.

Michelle said...

Holy cow!!!! Robin, I LOVE the fishing scene!!! Great use of twine!
Your birthday card has me in the mood for a shopping spree!!!