Thursday, May 9, 2013

Hugs & Kisses

Earlier this week one of the owners of the winery where I work asked if I could make him a couple of Mother's Day cards....um, no pressure there!!  

I decided to give him a choice of two cards for the one he plans to give to his wife.  This is the first choice:

I loooooove these roses and matching dies from Papertrey Ink's set The Sweet Life.  I stamped the three layers of the flowers in Ranger spun sugar, worn lipstick and barn door distress inks and the leaves in Stampin' Up green galore and Hero Arts green hills.  The vase was cut from Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay cs using Cricut cartridge Kate's ABC's.  After die cutting an oval using Cricut George & Basic Shapes cartridge I used the negative space to sponge Ranger antique linen distress ink on the card front so I could ground the vase.  Sentiment is from Hero Arts. 
Other Supplies Used:  Papertrey ink cs, W R Memory Keepers corner rounder

And this is the second choice:

This is one of my fave flower images from Hero Arts that I embossed and then colored with copics.  Sentiment is also from Hero Arts and was die cut using a WPlus 9 heart die.  Butterfly (colored with a copic) is from Recollections.
Other Supplies Used:  Papertrey ink white cs, Stampin' Up Bermuda Bay cs, Queen & Co pearls
Since this one includes an element with wings I'm going to pop it into the current Simon Says Stamp challenge: Things with Wings.

The second card is for his toddler son and infant daughter to give to mommy.  The only I instructions I received were:  "My son likes trains and the baby.....well....she likes milk".  LOL!


This one was such a joy to put together:)  Luckily I still had the Cricut New Arrivals cart my stampin' sis Denise let me borrow so I was able to die cut this cute train!  The sentiment that I split up is from Hero Arts and the ampersand was die cut from Cricut Keystone cart.  You'll notice my "go to" Hero Arts sun and Bo Bunny pp:)
Other Supplies Used:  Papertrey ink cloud dies and white cs, WPlus9 heart die, Echo Park striped and dotted pp, Stampin' Up graph pp and red and gray cs. Making Memories black brads, Michael's black cs

Since I'm working on Mother's Day I'm taking my mom shopping and out to lunch tomorrow:)  I hope everyone has a fab Friday!

14 comments:

Sarah J Moerman said...

Great cards! Love the colors you used in the butterfly one! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

Rosemary said...

the first two cards are gorgeous, robin, but the last card is just way too cute! love that little choo-choo train!

Nancy K said...

Two perfect choices for your boss, he can't go wrong with either one! Love the sweet train card, it's just adorable!

Barb said...

There is no way he'll be able to choose from those two gorgeous cards, Robin! Love them both! Your choo, choo train filled with hearts is just adorable! Love every detail!

Nat said...

wow, all three cards are awesome and perfect for Mothers day. You are so creative!! :)

svelteSTUFF said...

SMART GUY to put in an order for 'custom tasteful cards' made to order none-the less!! VERY NICE (and he didn't have to tackle those nasty shelves & people at WalMart - ha,ha!!)

Lisa said...

Wow- you were a busy girl! These are all fantastic and I don't know how he will choose!
Your co-workers are so lucky they have you for custom ordering :)

joy said...

Tough choice for those two cards, Robin! I love them both, but the tall flowers one is probably my pick of the two. And, how adorable is that little train filled with hearts??? I don't think I've ever seen a cuter card anywhere!!!

Have a wonderful lunch with your mom, Robin!!

Cathy said...

Love all of your cards, fantastic designs :)

Greta said...

3 wonderful cards, Robin! The Sweet Life is one my favs, too. I'm still thinking I have to get the Tall Flowers--you make the best cards using that stamp! What can I say about the train, but this is classic Robin--perfectly put together & adorable! I work Sunday, too--we seem to have the same w/e schedule--LOL!

~Tammy~ said...

Oh, these are totally awesome! The train is adorable and both mother's day cards were perfect!

Nancy said...

Just Beautiful cards, as usual, Robin! I sent you a Flickr mail, but I am guessing you don't stop there too often:)

Brenda said...

Well, at least you know you can produce beauties under pressure! Awesome cards Robin! I wonder which one he chose?

Michelle said...

Robin, your train full of hearts is too awesome! I totally love it! The mothers day cards are equally beautiful!