Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Valentine's Day Recap

Thought I would share the Valentine I made for my dh.  I love this Hero Arts clear set CL439 Kiss From the Sun!  I "personalized" the shirt and dress with some Heidi Grace rub-on letters as believe it or not I don't own any alphabet stamps! (I think I need to do something about that!)  HA S5215 Clouds were stamped with Ranger tumbled glass distress ink.  The little birdie is from an old HA clear set called CL064 Tiny Bird Messages.

The best part of the card is the sentiment :) When my dh and I were dating it was loooong before cell phones and texting were the norm (yeah, I know I'm dating myself!) so we weren't so "connected" 24/7.  I can't tell you how many times we used to leave messages on each others home phones that included the "You are My Sunshine" song!  Just one of the many reasons I fell in love with the guy :) 

Other Materials Used:
Bo Bunny pp
JoAnn's heart buttons
Stampin' Up cs and border punch
Papertrey ink cloud dies
CB swiss dots embossing folder
MSE sentiment
Hemp

TFL and for all your sweet comments!  Tomorrow I plan to spend some time learning more about all this blogging stuff :) 

11 comments:

Barb said...

LOVE THIS, Robin! The you and me is so clever and the whole, adorable scene is just plain fun! Bet your hubby loves it! Love the story about the phone messages!

Anne said...

Fabulous card Robin- love the "you" & "me" on the clothes.....and I remember those days before cell phones and texting too when we would leave each other messages.

Anonymous said...

Super cute card, Robin! And I love your sweet story about the sentiment!

joy said...

This song is one I sang to one of my grandsons when I would rock him to sleep. What a sweet way for you and your future husband to "connect" with each other.

Love the card, Robin. And, thanks for visiting my new blog!! I appreciate your nice comment.

Trinh said...

This is so cute & sweet, Robin! And I love your story about the song!

Lin said...

Sweet, Robin! I'll bet he was tickled!

Sanne said...

Love, love love this Robin - The colors are so perfect here and such a sweet design - your buttons are a perfect add ;)

CinnamonSally said...

This is so adorable Robin, I love your clouds and the cute washing line, what a fun card!!!

Nancy said...

Sweet card and such a charming little slice of your life before cell phones.
blessings~

Anita Rex said...

Hi Robin! I too have no alphabet stamps either! Love this card it's sooo darling, I love the doily skirt at the bottom! And love hearing about you and the song and what it means to you!

Judy1223 said...

Hi Robin, just catching up on your new blog :) I love this sweet Valentine for your dh...I bet he loved it! So nice to make cards around personal stories...they mean so much more!