Sunday, February 27, 2011

Something Old, Something Newer

I was really in the mood to color today so I pulled out this bouquet of roses stamp from PSX that I've had forever (it's dated 1997!).  When I checked on-line it appears this company is no longer in existence.  Too bad - I really like coloring stamps that pretty much tell you where the shading needs to go :)  I used a combination of copics and Stampin' Up markers to color both the roses and the butterfly (from Hero Arts CL383 Antique Engravings).  I've just recently gotten my feet wet with copics so my current supply is limited.  I thought the base card needed something so I stamped Hero Arts CG119 Flourish Background using ink to match the cs - I like this subtle tone-on-tone look.  The sentiment is from Hero Arts CL266 Mix & Match Elements.  I can't seem to stop using this Nestie ribbon slide tag.  Do you ever do that too?  Fixate on your most recent stamping purchase?  Hmmmm, wonder if there's a support group for that.....
Other Materials Used: Michael's ribbon and rhinestones, Stampin' Up cs, Ranger antique linen distress ink (to soften the edges)

Thanks for stopping by and for all your sweet comments!

7 comments:

Anita Rex said...

I totally do that too! But it's fun and it's great to enjoy something new rather than use it once and that's it! :> What a beauty of a card the roses are sooo pretty! :>

Rosemary said...

yep... i get fixated on a product or on a card style!! your card is just gorgeous, robin! love the coloring and all the embellishing you did!

Brenda said...

I love your alluring Robin! Tonight I got fixated on a sketch and on particular colour cardstock!!! I love that nestie ribbon tag! Superb card!

Barb said...

Love the ribbon slide tag and yes, I think we all do that! Beautiful coloring, Robin! Such a pretty card!

Dawn T said...

great card Robin. Love the ribbon slide tag... will have to look out for that one.

joy said...

How pretty! PSX did have some gorgeous stamps that were so much fun to color! I like that slide tag, too - and your coloring is beautifully done, Robin!

Lin said...

Beautiful, Robin! I have a few PSX stamps, too, and love them........