Saturday, March 28, 2015

Freshly Made Sketches and SSS Anything Goes

Happy Saturday!  I'm trying to stay positive as yet again we woke to a dusting of snow on the ground and temps in the teens:(

Worked on some Easter projects this week and the first one I'm sharing is a card based on the current sketch at Freshly Made Sketches :

I used a new stamp set by Avery Elle called Easter Blessings and some new pp from Lawn Fawn called Let's Polka Mon Amie:



When I saw this Avery Elle image I immediately thought how cute it would look on an egg.  I die cut the egg image from Cricut cart Doodlecharms and the embossed image was colored with a variety of Stampin' Up markers.
Other Materials Used:  Stampin' Up baked brown sugarcs and crisp cantaloupe cs and sequins, My Favorite Things banner die, Papertrey ink white cs

I'm also popping this into the current Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes challenge.

I wanted to share the Easter shadow box insert I made at a Stampin'
Up workshop:


The finished piece was mounted on an 8 x 8" piece of Stampin' Up chocolate chip cs and put in an 8 x 8" black shadow box frame.

Hope everyone has a fab weekend!  I'm working today but hope to visit blogs tomorrow:)

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

love your take on the sketch, robin... super sweet card!! and the shadow box project is amazing!! so sorry that you keep getting snow!! i hope it goes away and soon!!

Judy1223 said...

Hi Robin! You re so right, that image fits perfectly inside an egg shape! Great take on the sketch and an adorable Easter card!

joy said...

Love that image and you card is adorable! We got snow yesterday, too and it is SO cold today. I'm really tired of it now. :(

Greta said...

What an adorable shadow box insert--love that idea, Robin! Your card is so creative--love that you used the sweet image to decorate an egg! You could also enter at SSS Work It Wednesday. Hope your workday went well.

Pam W Merwin said...

What a sweet card with your take on the sketch! Beautiful. We were pretty chilly here in South Georgia today too ~ think it is time for some warmer weather.

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card & shadowbox Robin! The bunny's are adorable and I love the hearts paper.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Hugs
Mandy xx