Friday, March 14, 2014

Sweet 16!

Happy Friday!  After surviving the "Blizzard of  '14" on Wednesday the temps were back in the 40's today and the sun was shining!  Only in upstate NY in March:)

Wanted to share another card I made using my new Paper Smooches rainbow die!  One of the owners of the winery where I work has a gaggle of grandchildren and one of her granddaughters is turning 16 on Sunday.  She asked if I could make her a Sweet 16 birthday card that alluded to the driving permit her granddaughter will soon be obtaining:



I really cannot overstate how much I love creating scenes:)  I think a big reason is the fact that I can combine so many different stamp sets and dies to make them and it makes me really happy to use my stuff:)  I'm sure you recognize my favie Hero Arts cloud bg, sun and VW Beetle stamps...And my Papertrey ink cloud and MFT grass dies.  The little "Sweet!" banner is from a North Coast Creations set called "What's the Scoop?" and the party hat is from a My Sentiments Exactly set called "Birthday".  It's difficult to see in the pic but I embossed the "road" with a Cuttlebug Hugs & Kisses border embossing folder.  Die cut numbers are from the Cricut cart "Kate's ABC's".
Other Supplies Used:  Papertrey ink white cs, Stampin' Up cs (various colors), My Mind's Eye Fly a Kite pp, Echo Park Dots & Stripes pp, Hero Arts soft pool shadow ink, silver brads from stash, Darice pom pom, silver gel pen

And this may be a stretch but because this card IS for a special girl and her special day I'm entering it in the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Mother's Day or Special Girl  

Thanks for all your lovely comments!

8 comments:

Trinh said...

I always love your scene cards, Robin! This is so cute and the birthday girl is going to love it. So glad things are warming up for you. Hopefully no more blizzards!

Maria said...

What a cute bday scene! Love the little bday hat on the car! We had the nasty snow storm two days ago. A 50 car pile up on the turnpike. And, I put car in the ditch, but am OK and car OK, too. I am praying for winter to end soon!:-)

joy said...

You've done it again, Robin! So many cute things on this card - I love the party hat on top of the beetle. And, the variety of papers and colors just make this so much fun! The honoree will LOVE this.

Judy1223 said...

That's why I named you the "Queen of the Scene," Robin, because nobody does it like you do! AMAZING card, so adorable and perfect for the occasion!

Rosemary said...

your scene cards totally rock, robin... this one is absolutely perfect for a 16 year old who is ready to drive!

Pam W Merwin said...

Love it, Robin! Such vibrant colors and LOVE the combination of stamps that you used :)

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Robin, I love the cute scene you've created.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Mandy xx

Greta said...

You are the queen of scenes & here's a perfect example of why! That girl is going to be thrilled with this card! Love your work, Robin!