Monday, July 8, 2013

A Passion for Papertrey - Inspired By Challenge

I found a new challenge blog via my sweet and talented blogging buddy Greta called A Passion for Papertrey!  Their current challenge is called "Inspired By" and in your post you must include a link/pic of what inspired you to create your card.  Since I'm still on a HUGE flower kick I chose this colorful Lilly Pulitzer floral bedding set from the Garnet Hill website as my inspiration:

Lilly Pulitzer® Sister Florals Comforter Cover

And here is my card:


I combined images from the set "The Sweet Life" (roses and flourish) with some from "Ruby Rose" (sentiment and leaves).  I love that both sets come with matching dies:)  I used some of the new Stampin' Up In Colors (Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana) and Hero Arts Green Hills shadow ink as I don't own any PTI inks and am woefully low on my supply of their cs.
Other Materials Used:  Stampin' Up Apothecary Accents framelit die and chevron embossing folder, Papertrey Ink white cs

This challenge runs until 9 am Monday 7/15 so you should give it a try if you're a big PTI fan (like who isn't???? LOL!).  Happy week everyone!

11 comments:

Barb said...

Oh, my goodness, that inspiration photo is so beautiful, Robin and I love your take on it! Gorgeous card!

Trinh said...

Your card is gorgeous, Robin! Your take on the inspiration photo is spot on!

Cindy C. said...

Wow gorgeous card Robin!!

Nat said...

such wonderful inspiration! this is a fantastic card you have created!! lovin this design :)

Pam W Merwin said...

Robin, what a beautiful inspiration photo and your card is the perfect design for it! Love the color combination and I agree that it is so much fun to have stamps and matching dies :)

Rosemary said...

gorgeous card, robin... love the pink and aqua combo!

Maureen Morton said...

I need you to accessorize my bedroom, Robin - you obviously know right where to shop! Love this - the colors and the flowers are just amazing. I plan to go "meet" Greta, too. Nice, kiddo!

Brenda said...

Perfect take on that inspiration photo! I love the colours Robin! I'm also a PTI fan, just no time right now unfortunately! Thanks for sharing the site.

Greta said...

LOVE that photo & you made the perfect card inspired by it! Love this, Robin!

sheila said...

perfect take on this inspiration photo Robin! I love that bedspread and your card is the perfect lift of the design! gorgeous!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Wow Robin this is drop dead gorgeous. This makes me drool it is so beautiful. Your take on this is totally outstanding.