Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Frosty Christmas

Got inky yesterday by white embossing Hero Arts CG330 Flower Dot Pattern on a piece of watercolor paper, inking it up with a shaded lilac distress re-inker and broken china and picket fence distress stains then spritzing heavily with a mixture of perfect pearls and water.  I happened to notice a snowflake I had die cut a few days ago from shimmery white cs on my desk and thought it would pair nicely with my inked panel to create a cool, frosty Christmas card :)



Other Materials Used:  Hero Arts clear gems, Martha Stewart ribbon, Stampin' Up cs and pp, Papertrey ink white cs, Stamp On It shimmer cs, Cricut Christmas Noel cart

I'm entering this in the current Hero Arts challenge that ends tomorrow as it fits both the holiday card theme and one of the challenge sketches (bottom right):


Happy Wednesday!  Thanks for all your comments!

14 comments:

Lin said...

LOVE these colors, Robin - a beautiful card!

Brenda said...

Oh wow, these two colours go so well together Robin! Another fantastic card!

Barb said...

Gorgeous colors, Robin! LOVE your big, beautiful snowflake! :)

sheila said...

Love this card Robin! What an elegant and lovely combo of coors and they work so well for a winter card. And the placement of you message inside the flake is perfect....

Lisa said...

Amazing color combo, Robin! LOVE that! Great take on the sketch too with that giant snowflake :)

Cindy C. said...

Wow beautiful card with all those shades of blues!

Maria said...

Wow! Stunning lilac and blue distressing and embossing, so pretty! Love that snowflake, too!

Anita Rex said...

Love it! So pretty and wintery! I really like the take on the sketch!

Greta said...

This is one terrific card, Robin! I really love your work!

Rosemary said...

another absolutely gorgeous christmas card, robin! love the colors!

Michelle said...

Hi Robin! Hope you and your hubby were hanging tough thru Hurricane Sandy. Please let me know how you made out.
I love this beautiful card...the hues, the stamps and that wonderful snowflake die! The gems are the icing on the cake...yummy!

GrammySue's Creations said...

Hi Robin, this card is gorgeous--love the snowflake. Hope that you and your family are safe from the Hurricane. Take care.

Maureen Morton said...

I'm trying to catch up from having been gone a month. Looks like you are on a glorious holiday role, Robin! This card is brilliant - great colors and dimension. Lots of goodies happenin' on this beautiful page. I've missed you - you are still rockin, Robin, for sure!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just gorgeous, Robin!! Love that background and the snowflake is perfect with it! Sorry I didn't comment sooner - I was busy leading up to our singing contest, now I'm catching up :)