Friday, September 14, 2012

Love Ewe Dearly and Adios Amigos!

One last card before I unplug for awhile:


I'm linking this up to the Moxie Fab World: Movement Challenge.  When I sat down to put the card's elements together I really thought about their placement with respect to the movement/flow of the design:  fluffy cloud to fluffy sheep to sentiment.  Even if one's eye starts at the fluffy ewe it moves to the pink "ewe" to the pink heart and back up to the cloud.

The sentiment is a combination of one from the Paper Smooches set Pretty Phrases and Lawn Fawn set Critters on the Farm.  The ewe from the same Lawn Fawn set was embossed on white and black cs then paper pieced.  Cloud and hearts are from Hero Arts Right At Home set.  Sun is from Hero Arts Kiss From the Sun.
Other Materials Used:  Papertrey ink cs, Stampin' Up cs, Amy Tangerine Sketchbook pp, My Favorite Things Die-namics fresh cut grass die, Hero Arts Small Tag frame cut, Michael's black pearls., W R Memory Keepers corner rounder, Spellbinder Nestie, Hero Arts mid-tone pool ink, Ranger worn lipstick distress marker

I'm also linking this up to the current Simon Says Stamp Challenge: We're So Trendy (the colors I used are kinda neon).

Hopefully I'll get a chance to visit everyone's blogs one last time before my hubby and I take off for vacation :)  Don't know why I always feel like the house has to be clean before we go away - it's not like the cat really cares! And while I agonize over every item I place in the suitcase the hubster will probably play a round of golf in the morning and throw his stuff in the bag a few minutes before his brother comes to take us to the airport......*Sigh*

The card - and the trip - are to celebrate our 13th wedding anniversary.  The thing about getting married a bit later in life is you can't necessarily wait until your 40th anniversary to go on an amazing trip.  So we're off to Spain to wash our tapas down with some sangria and to gawk in person over the work of legends like El Greco, Picasso and Gaudi that so far for us have just been small images on a screen or in a coffee table book:)

As always, thanks for your sweet and supportive comments and happy creating!!




18 comments:

Sarah at SmallWorld said...

Robin!! Have a fantastic time! I can't wait to see your pictures! And if it makes you feel better, I also have to clean house before I go on a trip. ;) Love you!

Rosemary said...

your card is so adorable, robin!! have a wonderful time on your trip...can't wait to see your photos!!

Judy1223 said...

Robin, happy anniversary! Good for you, take the big trips while you can really enjoy them, right? I hope you have a great time in Spain!

Your card is totally adorable...great pun, sweet images, perfect card for the Movement Challenge, too

CinnamonSally said...

Such a cute card Robin. Hope you enjoy your vacation, I have seen the Gaudi buildings in Barcelona and they will take your breath away!!

Sue McRae said...

Very sweet card Robin! Congrats on your 13th Anniversary and have lots of fun on your trip!

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

This is absolutely adorable! : ) I love the hearts paper and that little lamb!

Thanks for sharing your creativity at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!
-Sarah

For More Opportunities:
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
*Like Simon Says Stamp on Facebook
*Subscribe to Simon Says Stamp on YouTube
*Follow Simon Says Stamp on Pinterest
*Sign up for our Newsletter

joy said...

Hi, Robin! Happy 13th Anniversary!!! And, I just know you will have a fabulous time in Spain (sigh)!! Can't wait to see your photos...

What a wonderful way to celebrate, whether it's one year or 50 years! May you have many more happy years (and trips) together.

Thank you so much for visiting my blog often and leaving such sweet comments.

joy said...

P.S. I totally forgot to say that I LOVE this sweet little card; it is just adorable. You create the "bestest" scenes!

Nancy said...

What a sweet card, Robin! I hope you have a wonderful trip! Be sure to post some photos too, XOXO,
Nancy

Anita Rex said...

First off so love this card, I can tell that you put a lot of thought into it! :> Secondly got married later in life? Your so young nice try! LOL Have a beyond amazing trip! Oh I always want it clean when I go because it's nice to come home to a clean house!

Maureen Morton said...

There is such a dearness in all the cards you create! And, we, too got married late in life (yesterday was our 15th) - so I am really anxious for a chance to meet you! You are a total rock star and don't worry about packing - just wear that dear smile and you will be all set. Enjoy and can't wait to hear the details. Hugs!!

Greta said...

Big congratulations, Robin! What a fantastic anniversary trip. I know you'll have a great time, but I'll miss your creativity--like this perfect card for hubby! Take care, Greta

Michelle said...

Adorable, Robin! Happy anniversary to you and your husband! Hope you enjoy your vacation! My husband and I will also celebrate our 13th anniversary this year :)!!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Robin this is so beautiful. I so love how you did a little scene once again. I love how you do that, something I wish I could put together. I love this little cutie. The design is wonderful and the papers, elements you used are perfect. Love this so much.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Love your darling ewe, Robin! Have a great trip and can't wait to see your photos! We missed you at ScrapFest this year, my friend!!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Robin! Thanks for linking this up to the Movement Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Maria said...

Sweet sweet card...just darling!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Robin I am so sorry I didn't read all the post here. :O( Now that I have read it I want to wish you and your sweetheart Happy Anniversary on your 14th. Sometimes I just look at pics if I don't have much time to read all of a post and sometimes that can be so unfair to the blogger. So I will need to make more time to read more carefully. Please forgive me but I trust that you both have a great time together, I am sure that your Cat will think that it is wonderful to have the place to it's self. Lol. Big Hugs.