Wednesday, August 15, 2012

CAS-ual Fridays CFC65: Square Cards and Hero Arts Sketch Challenge




Still not done playing with these roses from Hero Arts CG434 Floral Blossoms :)


Using the negative space of a vase die cut from Cricut Walk in My Garden cart I sponged it with Hero Arts soft pool ink onto a die cut white cs circle.  The roses were inked with Ranger dusty concord and peeled paint and Stampin' Up wisteria wonder markers.  The largest bloom is adhered with foam tape for some dimension.  Sentiment is from Hero Arts CL476 With Sympathy.
Other Materials Used:  Stampin' Up pp, Cuttlebug swiss dot embossing folder, Hero Arts clear gems (colored with copic marker), W R Memory Keepers corner rounder

I'm linking this up to the CAS-ual Fridays challenge #65 to create a square card:

CFC65


I met my friend Ruthie for dinner last night - was so great to catch up:)  Seeing her reminded me it's been far too long since I participated in a Hero Arts challenge so I'm entering my card in this month's sketch challenge!  Ruthie's the one who got me started on their challenges way back in 2009!!!  I am incredibly thankful for her for that as my life has been soooooo enriched by being part of the wonderfully supportive and inspirational on-line world of cardmakers that includes all of you!!!

Hugs :)

16 comments:

Barb said...

This is so clever, so creative and oh, so pretty, Robin! Just love your brilliant idea to use these flowers with a vase image! Beautiful card!

Mynn xx said...

This is GORGEOUS!!! LOVE the sentiment and the "vase" with the flowers falling out are amazing! :)

Greta said...

Oh I love this card, Robin! Your design is just awesome, as are the colors--great work!

Michelle said...

Oh, Robin!!! This is stunning!!! Love the colors and creative way to make a vase! You use those HA roses so beautifully!

joy said...

Robin, this is awesomely creative - I love everything about this card! It is definitely a winner in my book!! Good luck in both challenges.

Nerina said...

I love the artful way you've put this one together!! The focal circle that overlaps both the flat white and the embossed white areas is such a creative and clean idea! A beautiful card!

Angie Tieman said...

Oooh, very pretty! I love how you stamped your flowers and leaves with the vase and going beyond the circle! So dramatic and eye catching! Thanks for playing along with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Rosemary said...

holey moley robin!! this is the most amazing card...everything about this card is just magical!

Judy1223 said...

Robin, another beauty! Never stop using those roses, you do amazing things with them! I love the vase and the embossed section...perfect! How nice to be friends with Ruthie...glad you had a nice lunch!

Ginny said...

This card is flat-out gorgeous!! Beautifully done, Robin!

Jingle said...

Very pretty card!

Cindy C. said...

I love how the flower image carries out from the circle to the card base!!

Lisa said...

So gorgeous Robin! That wisteria ink is simply divine! Love how you popped up and layered this-
congrats on your PDC win today! :)

Unknown said...

This is a clever use of the negative space from your previous cut. Glad to have found your blog!

Maureen Morton said...

How cool is this?! Love how you used the negative image - your brain is always in over-drive! This is so stunning and special. Glad you connected with your friend and that HA connected me to you!

Maria said...

Truly stunning! Love the colors and how you popped up the one flowe...so creative...love it!