Sunday, July 8, 2012

Lawnscaping Challenge #37 (Use Dimension) and Simon Says Stamp (Tags/ATC's)

I recently acquired the cutest Lawn Fawn set called Critters on the Farm and this week's Lawnscaping Challenge gave me the perfect excuse to ink it up:





I incorporated a tag into my design as I'm also linking this up to the current Simon Says Stamp challenge to create a tag/ATC. 

Using the negative space from a circle die cut as a mask I stamped Hero Arts Designer Woodgrain in Ranger barn door distress ink on both the tag and base to simulate the side of a barn.  Sun is from Hero Arts Kiss From the Sun set.  The cute little piggy(looooove this little guy!), the sentiment and hay bales are from the Lawn Fawn Critters on the Farm set.
Other Materials Used:  Papertrey ink cloud die and white cs, MFT grass die, A Muse gingham pp, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist pp, Stampin' Up cs, ribbon and hole reinforcer, W R Memory Keepers corner rounder, googly eyes from stash, Nestie and Creative Impressions twine

And since "Hay There" probably qualifies as "barnspeak" for "Hello" I'm going to link this up to the Moxie Fab World Stamp It! Cards Week "Hello" Card Challenge  :)

Hope everyone has a great start to their week!  Temps are cooling down here in the Northeast so it looks like we'll finally be able to venture out of the air conditioning:)

16 comments:

Nancy K said...

Oh my goodness, Robin, this is adorable! Gotta love those googly eyes and tied up hay bales...your creativity is always so inspiring!

Barb said...

Ahh! So cute, Robin! Love those hay bales and fabulous dimension!

joy said...

This is just the cutest card, Robin! You are the best at making little scenes. Love the eyes. I giggled when I read "barn speak"!!!

Maureen Morton said...

You kicked off my week with a huge grin, Robin! Are you kidding me?! So darn cute! Love the idea of the circle template, too. And that gingham sun...so down-home and folksy! Enjoy the cooler temps.

gRiSeL™ said...

In the name of CUTEness!!!! Oh my word!!! Wow, this is mesmerizing!!! Amazing little scene!!!! LOVE absolutely everything about it!!! Those googly eyes just add personality to that cute little piggy!!! Wow, I am in awe!! :D

Elena said...

the googly eyes are hilarious! I love the woodgrain pattern stamped on and off the the tag - it makes the whole card pop! Thanks for playing along with us at lawnscaping challenges!

Lin said...

Hay there, indeed, Robin! Could this be any cuter - love his googly eyes!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

Greta said...

Too, too cute, Robin! Love how the tag is part of the card--ingenious! & the google eyes--oh my!

Karen Dunbrook said...

this is adorable...would make anyone smile....

Joe Shien Shien said...

wow!! I love how you place your tag layering into the scene. Thank you for playing with us at Lawnscaping

Lisa said...

This is so stinkin' cute!! I love the "layered" look you achieved with the tag and the main panel and the ginham sun is really fun :)

Brenda said...

This is just too cute Robin! I love those layers!

Michelle said...

Perfect stamping! What a cute pig! Love the sun and bales of hay!

Rosemary said...

aacckk!! how did i miss this super adorable card??? love!!

Kelly Latevola said...

Adorable! I love how you used your tag, really eye catching!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Robin! Thanks for linking this up to the Hello Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)