The current challenge (ending noon tomorrow EST!) at CAS-ual Fridays is to use either acetate or vellum. I have a hard time working with both as I either end up with my stamp sliding across the acetate or I don't give the inked vellum enough time to dry:(
So I decided to die cut some acetate to make a shaker card:
Once I figured out what I was going to do this actually came together quickly. I used Spellbinders reverse wonky rectangles to die cut both the acetate and the frame the acetate is attached to. After placing some closely spaced pieces of foam tape to the stamped card front I laid the buttons down before adhering the framed acetate piece. I chose green buttons as I wanted them to look like "grass". And I spotlighted one of the flowers to go along with the sentiment from Paper Smooches "Sentiment Sampler" set :)
Other Materials Used: Stampin' Up flower stamp from World Treasures set, Michael's black pearls, Papertrey ink white cs, Ranger worn lipstick distress ink, pp from Amy Tangerine Sketchbook 6 x 6 pad
It's been unusually hot in the Northeast these past few days (heat index of 100 degrees today!) so my hubby and I plan to spend the day tomorrow with our friends on their pontoon boat. I looooove this kind of boat - it reminds me of a floating living room! We plan to stay well-hydrated :)
Thanks for all your encouraging comments and stay cool (or warm!) wherever you are!