Friday, May 6, 2011

See the Flowers Smiling

Quick post today as the sun is shining for the second day in a row and I don't want to miss out!  I watched Shari's technique video on the Hero Arts blog regarding coloring with colored pencils and decided to give it a try.  What I quickly discovered is the quality of your colored pencils really does make a difference in the result.  I don't own very many Prismacolor pencils so I tried using the inexpensive pencils I have on hand - blending the color with a white pencil was difficult and didn't produce as good a result as I had hoped:


I used a bloom from CL495 Blossom Art and did a little masking.  Decided to pop up the flower in the lower left hand corner to give some dimension and applied Ranger icicle stickles to the flower centers.  The sentiment is from CL129 Anytime Messages.
Other Materials Used:  Stampin' Up cs and butterfly dies, Cuttlebug textile embossing folder, Nestie, Michael's pearl

I hope everyone has a fabulous Friday and that you have the opportunity to see a few flowers smiling :)

6 comments:

Lin said...

Pretty composition and colors, Robin! Beautifully done!

Barb said...

The flowers look beautiful, Robin and I love these colors!

joy said...

Gorgeous flowers, Robin!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Looks really lovely, Robin, always love your work with flowers! Love the hint of yellow on this card!

Rosemary said...

oh lucky you that you have sunshine! rain has returned to my neck of the woods, sigh!! another lovely card, robin!

Jill said...

So pretty! Love the design of your card and the colors are so springy and fresh!