Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wigglin' When You Walk

Today I experimented with creating a layered stamped background.  The Hero Arts blog has a great video taking you step-by-step through this really fun technique:
http://heroarts.com/blogs/club/2011/03/09/layered-stamped-backgrounds/

I started out by embossing Hero Arts(HA)  K5193 Flower Word in white on a piece of white watercolor paper. Then I inked an acrylic block with Ranger antique linen distress ink, spritzed with water and stamped on the embossed piece.  After letting it dry I overstamped HA S5216 Grid Pattern with Versafine toffee ink.  Then came the fun part!  I smooshed Ranger dusty concord, peeled paint and pine needles distress inks on my craft sheet and "walked and wiggled" one of the images from HA CG185 Elegant Weeds through the inks.  I did this several times always spritzing the stamp with water before stamping.  LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the watercolor effect:


I had this already embossed and colored butterfly from HA CL383 Antique Engravings in my stash and thought it looked perfect with these colors.  The embossed sentiment is from HA CL342 Everyday Sayings.
Other Materials Used:  Martha Stewart cs, Stampin' Up cs, Queen & Co. pearls, Uchida corner rounder

We've had lots of rain and warmer temps in the past few days that have washed a lot of the snow away.  Felt sooooo good to see the grass again and I thought the air even smelled a bit like Spring today.  Although I suppose it could have been wet worms!
Thanks for stopping by and for all your comments!

10 comments:

Rosemary said...

your card is just gorgeous robin! you are making me want to try out some layered stamping!!

susanne said...

Beautiful Robin! I agree with Rosemary ... you make this technique sound like so much fun!!

Lin said...

Isn't it fun? LOVE how your card turned out, Robin!

Brenda said...

You definitely "walked & wiggled" very well Robin because this is truly beautiful! That grid pattern looks awesome in the background! Loving it all!

Barb said...

Wonderful "walking and wiggling," Robin! This turned out beautifully! Love your color choices! Our weather report has rain in it now too, and next week we should hit 50 degrees! Oh, to see the grass again. . .what color is it? It's been so long, I seem to have forgotten! :)

Libby Hickson said...

This is so gorgeous Robin! So happy to have found your blog, thanks for sharing the link! :-)

CinnamonSally said...

This is a beautiful card Robin, love the colours you have achieved "Wiggling and walking"

Anita Rex said...

Hi Robin! This is gorgeous! I've been playing with this technique too and have only been disappointed! :< So nice that all your snow is gone! They are calling for a blizzard here today! :>

Lisa said...

I love your take on things and your end results are always fantastic. This card is so beautiful! Robin, your work is definitely a favorite of mine :)

Nancy said...

This turned out so nice, Robin. I like the contrast of the graphic with the flowers. Just lovely!