Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Splish! Splash! PDCC#137 (Black & White with a Splash of Blue)

The current Play Date Cafe Challenge ending today is:



Originally I was going to go with more of a cobalt blue but when I started putting my card together I decided to use a pool/indigo blue monochromatic color combo:


The vases with the flowers are images from a new Stampin' Up set called Bright Blossoms and the embossed dot border and sentiment are from a retired Stampin' Up hostess set called Apple Blossoms.  It was a fair amount of fussing but I also embossed the dot border on some coordinating SU cardstock and randomly adhered some of the cut out dots to the black and white border.  Alot going on here but hopefully the color combo keeps it from looking too busy :)
Other Materials Used:  Doodlebug bakers twine, Hero Arts gems, Nesties, SU cs and markers, Michael's black cs, Papertrey ink white cs

I'm still in denial that 4th of July is next week!  Yikes!  Where has half the summer gone already???  Yesterday hubby got the green light from the doctor to start his physical therapy this Thursday and to take off his arm brace once in awhile.  Baby steps, but it's progress! 

Off to try to work on a few more cards for this weeks' challenges - I hate that all of my entries have been so last minute lately but such is life :(  On a happy note my hubby got me an Ipad yesterday and once we figure out how to get the wireless router, etc. hooked up I'm hoping my blog surfing and commenting will go a bit faster than on our painfully slooooooowwww computer:)

Happy week everyone!

10 comments:

Lin said...

What a great take on this challenge, Robin! Your cut-out little circles are well worth that bother - they add a really nice dimension......

Barb said...

I knew before I clicked the link to your blog that this was going to be fabulous! Just love it, Robin! The bits of silver are awesome - love those added, colorful circles!!

So good to hear your hubby is slowly starting to heal and get better!

I'm jealous of your new Ipad! I can sooo relate to the slow computer! Hugs to you! :)

sheila said...

This card is so cooool Robin! I just love what you you did here! And I am glad to hear that your husband is doing better....that is such a painful surgery and long (well, longer than you expect) recovery. I hope his PT goes well! Congrats on the Ipad....I love mine to bits!

Anita Rex said...

This card is a beauty, not too busy at all! I love what you did with the dots! What do you mean summer is almost half over? My daughter is still in school and summer has not yet started! She doesn't go back until after the Sept long weekend! :> And lucky you with the ipad so exciting!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness! This is a winner if I ever saw one! Goes together perfectly & is not too busy (& that's from someone who doesn't busy). I missed what happened to your hubby, but glad to hear he's on the mend.

Rosemary said...

oh this is absolutely stunning, robin and definitely not too busy! (you are making me rethink my decision not to get that SU! bright blossoms set.)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super fun card--LOVE the dots and those little flower vases! THANKS so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the PDCC:)

Brenda said...

Hi Robin! I think this is beautiful! I love how you added the random dots on the background! That blue is really lovely!

Michelle said...

This is such an awesome card! Pretty vases and retro background! I love all the different layers too!
I have been itching for an IPad. Although I am on the computer way too much as it is! Let me know how you like yours!
Good luck to your husband with PT.

Pauline said...

This is fabulous, such a creat graphic style and such a pretty blue.